Dwayne Lipinski Scholarship Opportunity
Dwayne Lipinski loved supporting youth who showed an interest in Agriculture. He valued hard work, kindness and enjoyed sharing his skills with others. Mr. Lipinski spent his professional career in the study and support of Agriculture. He believed it was the most honorable of professions. Candidates for this scholarship should demonstrate similar characteristics.
This scholarship is given by family and friends of Dwayne Lipinski to honor his life, and to -- share in the support of a graduating senior pursuing a career in Agriculture or an agriculturally related major.
- Hoosic Valley High School graduating senior who is pursuing Associates or Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, or an agriculturally related major.
- Graduating high school senior from local school district, other than Hoosic Valley, who has actively participated as a livestock exhibitor in the last 4 years at Rensselaer County Fair; and—who is pursuing an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, or an agriculturally related major.
Careers may include Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy, Crop/Soil Sciences, Entomology, Food/Nutritional Sciences, Horticulture, Veterinary, Landscaping, Agricultural Economics, and Animal Husbandry, etc.
A one time award of $1000 will be awarded to the successful candidate with documentation of fulltime enrollment in Agriculture or an agriculturally related major at an accredited college. Scholarship will be awarded based on area of study, academic achievement, and leadership characteristics of the candidate.
Application Submission: Application deadline is May 15th prior to June graduation.
- Essay describing career goals, ambitions and personal qualifications for the scholarship. 200 words or less.
- List of activities that demonstrate citizenship, service to society, leadership qualities, and Fair competitions if applicable.
- Academic Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from adults familiar with candidate’s activities, academic achievements, and/or career goals. Note: Prefer letters from non-family members.
- Full name of applicant, home address, phone, email address, parent/guardian’s first and last names.
Mail or email completed application and all supporting documentation by May 15th to:
DWAYNE LIPINSKI SCHOLARSHIP
C/o Tanya Lipinski
1142 Johnsonville Road,
Johnsonville, NY 12094
April 2, 2018
Dear Members of the Academic and Agricultural Community,
Family and friends of Dwayne Lipinski are honored to be able to share in the support of a graduating senior who is pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree in Agriculture with a one-time scholarship of $1000.
We ask for your support in disseminating scholarship information to qualified candidates. The qualifications for the scholarship are listed in the pages that follow.
Mr. Lipinski earned an animal science degree from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind. His love for agriculture began at a young age on a neighbor's farm, and continued
through his career with the N.Y.S. Department of Agriculture and Markets. He retired as Deputy Commissioner in 1995.
During his career, Dwayne was involved in numerous national, state and local agricultural organizations. He had a gift of being able to communicate with farm families, the effects and consequences of Ag policies and programs, in a way they could understand and relate to. He treasured and respected those grassroots relationships, and as a result, his positive impact on agriculture continues to be felt across the state.
Dwayne was a premier showman and he loved sharing his time and talents. Showmen
of all ages sought him out for advice on livestock breeding, grooming, showing and judging.
This scholarship is supported through the Dwayne Lipinski Agricultural Memorial Fund.
We thank you in advance for your help in sharing scholarship information. Questions may be directed to Peggy Lipinski 518-859-1973.